Games
Facebook Fan Page
Current Date and Time:
11-23-2017, 8:11 PM

Forums » Entertainment » Books

RE: Books you recommend
1-12-2009 6:42:26 PM
Architect1

Location: Buried in comic book pages and trying to make the stack higher!

Rolls Eyes You creep me out

I started reading stuff by a really good Author recently.

David Webber wrote the Honor Harrington Series and it's had me roped in. It's a very good Sci-Fi read.

Big Smile

You'll always know I'm there... but if the high pitched noise is getting louder it's time to RUN!

Forums » Chatter » Off Topic

RE: Recent News and Happenings...
2-23-2009 6:59:36 AM
Architect1

And that good sir is why I'm stayin far away from the Xbox 360 for the time being, no matter how much I want Halo, cause I don't want something that's gonna break in a year's time.

Big Smile

Eeekkkk, i was off here for a long time wasn't I! I think without something as regular as work to keep me on track I've forgotten to do a lot of things.... but the money's running out. Damnit. I would try and weasel something out of the goverment systems, but wouldn't you know it, I'm STILL not elegible for ANYTHING they can give out. (Just some really bad luck there.)

But in other news I'm actually going to be moving out of home!

well I will be the moment i find a god damn job.

Mad

But a friend of mine who wanted to move out with her boyfriend needed another body to be able to afford the rent on the house they want and they offered the space to me. On one hand, I'm paying rent and the tiled floors mean I'll hear EVERYTHING they do together..... but I'm getting two bedrooms outta the deal and all the left over closet space so just as long as I have the ability to fiddle with my gundams, tinker with my computer and paint in the house instead of outside it I'll be peachy.

Big Smile

And I'm almost glad I don't live in Victoria any more. Recently they had a whole spew of Bushfires.... It apparently started as a small brushfire but natures a bitch and she decided that things needed burning out. So now half the outback population is homeless or evacuated because of Multiple fire fronts. But, at least for me, bushfires are as normal as breathing. I've been caught in the path of a few in my time, mostly when I've been out at our ancestral home in New South Wales.

Although, what really bothers me about the victoria Bushfires is the misplaced sympathy and blame. People are bitching about the fact that it was started by a person and not nature and they're all but screaming for a death penalty. (which they wouldn't get even if we had one) But they don't understand the concept of a firestorm, or what a bushfire must be like because if they knew a god damned thing they'd stop bitchin and start helping. Back in mum's hometown we'd visit in the summer and if a bushfire came no one panicked because you did one of two things. Fight the fire, or make lunch for the firefighters. Kinda sounds stupid, but those whinny lazy butholes didn't have to go out and shoot the livestock that got caught in the fire to make sure they where dead after it passed through.

Oh yeah, and my warcraft character finally hit 80! WOOOT! Tongue sticking out

You'll always know I'm there... but if the high pitched noise is getting louder it's time to RUN!

RE: Sayings, quotes etc.
2-23-2009 7:07:42 AM
Architect1

Lets go to the moon and get that Wanker who's always smiling.

- Tank Girl

Big Smile

RE: Departures: Comings and Goings ect.........
2-23-2009 7:16:25 AM
Architect1

I'M BAAAAAAAACCCKKKKK!!!!!!!

I haven't been the most cheery peachy person lately and my Miss Hyde came out to play do I've been in a semi-deppressed funk and managed to undo all my work at actually trying to lose some weight. Frown

On the other hand my latest attempt at cosplaying has been and gone and you wouldn't believe it! We did the 8-bit theater thing but there where a few changes in the line up. Me and Zark where white mage and Black mage just like we said we'd be but our theif actually dropped out to be a pansy vampire knight for I spent so much time kicking him in the shins he was bruised for a month and I got his girlfriend to help me so he's still limping. But we ended up getting Zark's little brother to be Fighter and he looked so stupid it was cute. The most perfect little fighter we could have ever found.

and Redmage..... well we had to call up one of my friends at the last minute and stuff him into the costume because the original guy we where going to get to play him actually had the gaul to blow us off on the DAY OF THE COMPETITON to buy what he needed FOR THE COSTUME from a list i'd given him 2 MONTHS BEFOREHAND!

So I sold his costume.

*Evil Grin*

I don't take well to being slighted.

But anyway, i'm back and hopefully I'll think to actually post once in a while. lol.

Forums » Videogames » PC

RE: World Of Warcraft (I'm bored, alright!)
2-23-2009 7:26:40 AM
Architect1

WOOOOOOTT! MOVE OVER DORA CAUSE AURAION THE EXPLORER JUST TOTALLY KICKS MORE ASS!!!

okie dokie, I hit 80! WOOT! and I've just reached Revered with the Rainspeaker Oracles in the Sholozar Basin so I'm actually gonna get a proto drake soon..... SCORE!

And if there's one thing we've all discovered since the beginning of Wrath of the Lich king it's that I am a total Acheivement Whore. I mean it too. I'll do nearly anything for an Acheivement and then I'll sabotage anyone else who looks like they'll get it before me. But, i have a really nice guild that actually helps me with some of the acheivements so I'm all like Happy happy joy joy. but I'm only about 2/5th's of the war to getting my Epic flyer still!

..... well at least the skill....

Big Smile

Forums » Videogames » PC

RE: Oblivion
2-23-2009 7:36:07 AM
Architect1

You know, I'm starting to see the advantage to micro leveling in this game, I try to go as long as I can without sleeping and I still end up at level 15 with a shity character and no idea how I got that far without any actual decent skils.

I've been through the Knights of the Nine quest line on my PS3 version of the game, and I finished the Dark Brotherhood and the Theif's Guild ones as well, but i've been procrastinating over the Mage Guild, Figthers Guild and the Main quest lines.

On the other hand I've been doing the one thing my character is actually good for, and that is breaking and entering, and then filching EVERYTHING that isn't nailed down in broad daylight. You know, It's actually easier to go in and steal everything while people are there than it is to wait till they leave. i got my sneak level so high while I was doing all this that I can pretty much walk around in sneak mode in the imperial city in broad daylight and not be seen.

Big Smile

Oh the fun I had when i got the cowl of the grey fox.

I just spent all my time running around and stealing everything in sight and luring in the guards and killing them and all that fun before taking off the hood and laughing myself sick when they just got confused. Lol.

Tongue sticking out

3-26-2009 1:43:43 AM
Architect1

You know, the red ring of doom happens because the glue holding the internal parts down errodes and lets it all jiggle in the box. There are ways to fix it, but naturally that voids the warranty.

Big Smile

RE: Around the World!
3-26-2009 1:57:39 AM
Architect1

Ehehehehehe well....

The night we get there we're getting picked up from our hotel by some friends who will already be in Hong Kong and go out for dinner at a revolving resturaunt.

Then the first full day we're going shopping starting with...

The Stanley Markets
The Ladies Markets
The Jade Markets
and then the Night Markets

and they gotta be in THAT order because If you go to the Jade markets to early in the day you're screwed because you get dogpiled by a horde of Bored shopkeepers who all wanna haggle with you at once.

Next day we are going tooooo..... HONG KONG DISNEYLAND!!

Zark saw that they'd finally built the It's a small world ride, and all but demanded to go on it. I told her, that if I get the song stuck in my head I was gonna haunt her with it for the rest of my life.... then I countered with the tea cups. Last time i was at Disneyland I ate so much caramel popcorn that I was puking the next day.... ahhh, fond memories....

Big Smile

Third Day we're going to be seeing the giant Budda on LanTao Island. There's a cable car up to the top of the mountain and there's a monestary up there that has these monk's that make some absolutely wicked Vegetarian food. I'm a big meat eater myself but even I liked the food it was that good.

Although Disney have made it into another of their own commercial failings by building a really fake looking village nearby that doesn't in anyway have the slightest bit of relevance to the budda.... except that they put a making of the budda tour/attraction thing in there somewhere like they where pretending that 'they' made it.....

and then the day after that we come home.... With lots of Gundams....

Big Smile

3-26-2009 2:03:24 AM
Architect1

Oh yeah... and before I forget.....

*ahem*

I GOT A JOB!!!!

I am now officially an Apprentice Baker and I start my days at 3am and finish them at 12noon....

I'm not sure yet if thats a good thing or a bad thing....

Big Smile

Forums » Entertainment » Books

RE: Books you recommend
3-27-2009 9:33:49 AM
Architect1

You know cloud.... prolly every way to die in that book has already happened....

And Has anyone else read The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher yet?
If you haven't already seen the season of television episodes that where released for it, it's about a guy called Harry Dresden who is a Modern Day Wizard. Pretty cool stuff.

Big Smile

Forums » Videogames » PC

RE: World Of Warcraft (I'm bored, alright!)
4-11-2009 4:05:25 AM
Architect1

Well, existance as an 80 on my server has been.... interesting......

I recently decided that it would be fun to try out the other specs on my Priest... Who has been a pure Discipline Priest since day one of playing. I respeced to Holy and found that I don't actually like it all that much. Sure the healing spells can be more powerful, but dude, unless its a holy spell it suddenly starts to suck balls. I guess I'm just to used to playing Dicipline for now to really be able to use Holy Properly. Although I don't find it helps when There are more talents in a tallent tree than points to fill them. Put I guess that's what makes them individual to the user.

I'm not gonna try switching to shadow yet... mostly because I haven't really gotten into using Holy yet but I get the feeling I'll like it better. One of the reasons I've thought of Discipline as the best class was because it could heal and DPS (Damage per second) at the same time. Where as Holy seems more geared to healing as opposed to Attack. Shadow on the other hand is entirely DPS.

The ability Shadowform, alows the caster to step out of phase, reducing damage received by up to 30%.... (well I'm sure it's that, I may be wrong.) but the down side is that while you're in that form you can't use any sort of holy spell whatsoever. Which means there best be another healer somewhere in the group if you wanna use that tallent spec. I think there's a leach ability somewhere in there that alows the Shadow preist to heal themselves, but it's not suited for sharing with others.

From what I gather, Shadow priests are also reather Ideal for PVP. In PVP there often isn't enough time to be healing eachother. let alone yourself. If you look into Any warcraft Battleground its always been a case of the one with the best DPS wins. People are a lot more unpredictable than a computer generated encounter. They've got wicked little brains running the toons on screens and the tendancy to rub things in.

Since you can resurect with full health and no penaltys in the graveyards it's usually a case of kick em down and gettem when they respawn. Just as long as a Shadow Priest isn't outnumbered any more than 3 to 1 they usually tend to lay a smackdown on their opponents pretty quickly.

Anyone remember what my original point was?

I seem to have forgotten....

Oh well I can always rant on again later.

ehehehehehehe.

Big Smile

Page 25 of 25     « First   17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  
Showing Posts 481 to 491 of 491

Privacy Policy
Hits: 19287524