Games
Facebook Fan Page
Current Date and Time:
12-16-2017, 8:08 PM

FF7....What does it mean to you?
6-13-2007 2:45:41 AM
The Spirit of Aeris

Quote  #1

It happens to be the 10th anniversary of FF7, so I just wanted to get your thoughts on this legendary game. What made it so special to you?<br><br>Also, I'm trying to find a picture that says 'Disc 2'. Not literally, but figuratively. I found a pic that says 'Disc 1' and 'Disc 3', I just need one for Disc 2.

RE: FF7....What does it mean to you?
6-13-2007 9:43:46 AM
Safer Sephiroth

Quote  #2

this was my first RPG and 1 of my 1st 3 playstation game.The day i played it i was hooked and since i aint have no memorycard id have to leave the game on over night but alot of time my parents would turn it off so me and my sis would make it all the way to nibelhiem in 1 day.i have like 2-3 of every disk since my 1st disk broke before i completed it and i didnt get the next disk until about 5yrs later

Its hard being hated and discriminated against

6-13-2007 6:02:21 PM
Cloud 777

Quote  #3

ff7 to me...
the last memonto of a brother who i never see
the first game which i truly enjoyed
The game which bought me to this site
Made me friends when i went to high school.

to me, i owe this game everything

You Will Remember The Night You Were Struck By The Sight Of Ten Thousand Fists In The Air.

6-16-2007 4:46:04 PM
The Spirit of Aeris

Quote  #4

This is what it means to me:

No videogame emotionally draws you in as much as Final Fantasy 7 does. No videogame makes you care about the characters and their respective fates than Final Fantasy 7. No videogame (Apart from other Final Fantasies) has such an enriching and deep storyline. I dare anyone to challenge me on that. When you first start playing, you are immediately drawn to the exciting opening FMV, where you see Aeris staring at mako bubbles and then crossing the street. It then sweeps to an overhead shot of the city of Midgar where the title pops up. It then pans down toward the train where the main character of Cloud Strife and the Avalanche freedom fighters are. You suddenly think....wow....simply amazing. No videogame could match the graphics at the time and no videogame had fmv’s at the time either. Time to control the main character you think. So, you fiddle with the buttons for a minute trying to get your bearings, when all of a sudden after pressing the triangle button, the inventory screen pops up. You then are drawn to exploring that too. After a while of exploring, you find the configuration screen. You notice in the first setting, there is a way to change the colour of something. What’s that you wonder? So, you fiddle about with that too. When you realise that all four corners of the inventory screen can change colour (any colour), you spend ages messing about with it. When you get the colour you are happy with, you realise that you haven’t really started playing yet, so you exit out of the inventory. Now to start playing you think. As you make the character walk or run for a bit, two guards come round the corner and the screen swirls and it’s time for the first battle. You notice two things. One, the characters don’t look as cartoony in battle, two, the battle menu is the same colour as the inventory. Even though you are a bit nervous, luckily, the guards aren’t that strong as they get in the first two attacks. Seems it’s a turn based battle, you think. Cool. Its time for your attack now. As the menu pops up you are faced with two choices. Use an item or attack. You only have a couple of potions anyway, so you attack. The first one kills one guard, then on your next turn you attack again. Battle over, the screen changes again. Coupled with cool victory music, you get to see how much experience you have earned (chances are, you’ve grown a level) and you also have won some money too. Round the corner you go, you meet up with the members of Avalanche. You get to name your character. You can’t think of anything so you stick with Cloud. Then the leader arrives. You get to name him too. Again, you stick with Barret. When you have gotten down to where the first boss is, Cloud has some sort of fit. Now you want to stick around and find out why he had that fit. All gets revealed in the second disc, but by now, you are already drawn to this game and you have found yourself emotionally involved in the story. You don’t have to be a nerd or a geek or a teen to play Final Fantasy 7. You just have to want to readily emotionally absorb yourself in a rich and deep storyline, which if you play it, will take you 3 or 4 months (possibly more) to finish. I was so emotionally involved that when the party escaped Midgar, I was convinced the disc would be over soon (That’s how absorbing the Midgar section was for me). I was so wrong. There were hours and hours more to play through.

6-16-2007 4:58:03 PM
Cloud 777

Quote  #5

I agree.
there is not one topic more talked about in ANY final fantasy as aeris's death.
The death of one character and cloud's little soliloquy afterwards make you care for those polygons.
for the first time you HATE a character (not me though, i think seph is ace)
you want to see them recieve their come uppance.
It makes clouds defeat of seph at the end (staged battle) oh so satisfying.
Watching cloud omnislash seph after several camera changes made it seem like a film than a fight

You Will Remember The Night You Were Struck By The Sight Of Ten Thousand Fists In The Air.

6-18-2007 5:37:50 PM
Safer Sephiroth

Quote  #6

yea and every1 loves the strenght of Seph in the flash back.Hes at lvl 50 (which is high at the time) and takes no damage and has such powerful magic dat u just get blown away in aww and then when he burns down nibelheim and at the end when u wonder who won Sephiroth or Cloud? Those were some great moments
Last edited by Safer Sephiroth on 6-18-2007 5:38 PM

6-19-2007 11:22:10 AM
Cloud 777

Quote  #7

the sheer awesomeness when you try altering sephs materia in the flashback.
always made me laugh, trying to steal his materia

And safer, the game shows sephiroth stabs cloud, and cloud throws him off the bridge and into the lifestream.
So, im saying cloud won
Last edited by Cloud 777 on 6-19-2007 11:23 AM

6-19-2007 3:52:14 PM
Safer Sephiroth

Quote  #8

im talkin about the flashback in the 1st disk.when the flashback ends right before u know who wins ur sucked in wondering who won?after i broke my 1st disk and didnt get another till like 3-4yrs later i kept wondering who won. and btw Cloud the fight wasnt even fair.Cloud stabbed him n the back after the fight with Zach.i cant call that a fair fight.but it was funny

6-19-2007 3:55:55 PM
Cloud 777

Quote  #9

yea, the dramatic camera angles, and the increasing white light.
the FMV sequence of seph ripping jenovas casing off.
That was the first FMV that actually showed someones descent into insanity that i ever saw.
Different from others too, it was the first to feature subtitles (and last until ending)
and you spelt zack wrong...

6-19-2007 7:47:43 PM
Safer Sephiroth

Quote  #10

i dont think zack will mind since he got shot in the face which was another moment i remembered.i felt bad when zack got shot to the ground then while on the ground they just started shooting at his face.What a way to go

6-21-2007 5:22:34 PM
The Spirit of Aeris

Quote  #11

Yeah. I remember that. Pretty gruesome for my very first RPG. Lol.

6-21-2007 6:05:22 PM
Safer Sephiroth

Quote  #12

i was actually mad when zack died.i thought he woulda been a cool character

6-22-2007 10:14:41 AM
Cloud 777

Quote  #13

Its the temple of the ancients that made me stop playing
(i was 8, them boulderrs were annoying for an 8 year old)

6-22-2007 1:54:19 PM
Safer Sephiroth

Quote  #14

lol i got past that when i was 8 or 9 but i was stuck at bone village with the harp.then my disk broke Mad

6-22-2007 3:47:39 PM
Cloud 777

Quote  #15

I remember watching seph stab aeris, and actually laughing...
i hadnt used her when i didnt need to, so the joke was on him

6-23-2007 1:47:21 PM
Safer Sephiroth

Quote  #16

lol i think my sister cried when she saw that

6-24-2007 1:21:48 PM
Cloud 777

Quote  #17

The only annoying fact is that seph put his gloves on seconds before hitting aeris.
(search aeris death on youtube, and watch his hands)
Bit of a mess-up from square there...

6-24-2007 1:55:15 PM
Safer Sephiroth

Quote  #18

im to lazy but ill take ur word for it

6-27-2007 8:37:22 PM
sweeneymaster33

Quote  #19

it was the first playstation game i ever had i got to the final dungeon and tried to fight sephiroth but never got to him till 5 or 6 years later after i made so many new games and figured out all the secret stuff (like master matereia) and i killed all the weapons and took on sephiroth and i wooped him. i felt bad for killing my favorite character but it was such a sastisfying moment when i finally saw the end of the game after alot of times starting over

They said you were as pretty as a picture, I laughed and said, Yeah, lets hang it.

7-31-2007 10:19:43 AM
Zarkcus

Quote  #20

FF7?

My first RPG
My first Playstaion game
My first Final Fantasy
and probably the most important
My Escape
something i could turn on and block out all the shitty parts of my life, it made my life more tolerable
it gave established a connection with my oldest brother who before then was like an alien to me
it helped my other brother to mellow out
who was an unbelievably violent little shit at the time
it was a fond memory
and a happy trip
and much to my excitement its being vitalised in so many ways
advent children dirge of cerberus last orders and the coming crisis core as i believe its called
oh and dont orget the kingdom hearts cameos Big Smile

Page 1 of 1
Showing Threads 1 to 20 of 20

Privacy Policy
Hits: 19348949