Facebook Fan Page
Current Date and Time:
11-24-2017, 5:49 PM

Gaming? a mental illness?
6-28-2007 12:00:02 PM
Weltall

Quote  #1

FUCK NO!

As you all should know, the man is trying to make gaming addiction a mental illness. That's stupid!

Say what you think about this crap.

Noah just couldn't save the dinosaurs, could he?

RE: Gaming? a mental illness?
6-28-2007 2:08:37 PM
Ansem the Defiler

Quote  #2

No, why are people focused on this so much?

Look, if someone has 40 plus hours to waste on a game, let them, its called moderation, if parents are so uptight about it, make sure your kid, shit i dunno gets a job or goes out and play, or reads a book!

Its not a illness of the mind, its called some people have nothing else to do, a mental ilness is flipping out and killing a room full of people because your pet bunny tells you too. Seriously, its not a ilness, people play at your own risk, its just like drinking or drugs, do it in moderation or you might end up dead from toxification or falling off a roof because you saw a floating Chibi Jim Morrison on a magic carpet.

Honestly, most games and game console manuals have a warning not to play certain hours at a time, shit. seriosly doctors, find another form of research to mess with, your wasting time, go cure cancer, use the money the government gave you for something USEFUL!!!

Later
Ansem

My talent's for lying. For sticking the knife in when people least expect it. Then walking away with a smile and a wave before they even realise they're bleeding.

6-28-2007 3:23:03 PM
Safer Sephiroth

Quote  #3

lol dat was beutiful

Its hard being hated and discriminated against

6-29-2007 10:09:15 AM
Cloud 777

Quote  #4

I agree totally with ansem.
DO WHAT YOUR PAID FOR MORONS!!!

You Will Remember The Night You Were Struck By The Sight Of Ten Thousand Fists In The Air.

6-29-2007 8:51:23 PM
Weltall

Quote  #5

Oh, no.. They should definately stop us from playing video games and having fun before they help the cancer and aids patients. [inserted sarcasm]

Noah just couldn't save the dinosaurs, could he?

6-29-2007 11:01:00 PM
Ansem the Defiler

Quote  #6

Yeah, now the good doctors are saying that they need more money and research for this shit, really? everyone is dying out there by disease, war and famine, and video games are the next bubonic plague.

Screw that, i'm personally going to Africa to find a witch doctor, i dont need a clipboard and a dosage of Prozac, nope, just powdered skull and voodoo beads!!! At least when my head shrinks its not because i was playing Grand Theft Auto,

Oh and just outta prospect FUCK YOU JACK THOMPSON

Later
Ansem

My talent's for lying. For sticking the knife in when people least expect it. Then walking away with a smile and a wave before they even realise they're bleeding.

7-1-2007 2:33:25 PM
SilverRose

Quote  #7

Weltall said:FUCK NO!

As you all should know, the man is trying to make gaming addiction a mental illness. That's stupid!

Say what you think about this crap.

My mom even believed it! the hell?! I was like whatever its crap it ain't my problem ok if I was with an illness what would be the symptoms? I bet they can't answer that, hey I forget stuff a lot but that was way before I got into games more. So they won't stop US!

Don't judge others if you don't know them.

7-1-2007 3:21:09 PM
Ansem the Defiler

Quote  #8

truthfully, addiction wise? No, sure MMORPGS have that kinda of gameplay where most dont leave there monitor for days, but its not a legit addiction.

An Addiction thats a real problem is Cocaine, Crack, or Meth, Meth is highly addictive and is hard to rehabilitate a meth junkie.

But gaming addiction? Please doctors, cure me of my gaming illness, im sure the millions of drugs being pushed into the street hooking countless lives on controlled substances are much less addictiing that Tetris, please SAVE ME!!

Whats the deal, seriously doctors, invest in something that will at least pull mankind out of this rut of Chaos that its already in.

Later
Ansem

7-1-2007 3:49:01 PM
AndY

Quote  #9

any addiction can be treated as a mental illness but not the way they mean and any addiction can be broken if you really want it so people who blame their poor social lives on game addictions are just looking for a scapegoat because they have poor social skills

Fuck all you gun toting hick gangster wannabe's

7-1-2007 8:11:20 PM
Ansem the Defiler

Quote  #10

Yeah, truthfully its up to the invidual to get off whatever their on.

Personally, i dont know anyone gamer that would blame himself for not getting out more due to games, probably to busy playing Counterstrike to even care.

So unless the next copy of Grand Theft Auto comes with a dimebag of Cannibis or an 8-ball of Cocaine, then its not going to cause health problems.

But it will put, and qouting Cartman here Sand in Jack Thompsons Vagina.

Later
Ansem

7-3-2007 11:31:13 PM
CheeseDoodles

Quote  #11

There are 2 kinds of addiction: physical and mental.

A physical addiction is where your body cannot function properly without whatever it is you're addicted too. Personally I have never seen anyone go into shock when the power goes out and they can't get their 'fix'.

A mental addiction is where you just think that you have to have it. Once again, never seen anyone lose it because they where cut off from their console. If someone is so weak willed that they will let a game control thier life like that they already have some serious issues really shouldn't be out in society as it is. I say leave them alone, and hope to the gods that they never have a position of authority.

You can't blame the games for the weak just because they play them, maybe it was the parents that made them this way?

Vain glory be my wicked guide...

7-4-2007 12:36:02 AM
Ansem the Defiler

Quote  #12

I agree, truthfully if one likes to cope with his lack of social skills with games, then let him or her do so.

I just wish that these doctors would do something worthwhile, i mean please tell me the name of the doctor that named gaming a mental illness, and give me 5 minutes alone with him (ooooo, a Pantera song!)

Im sure we'd see eye to eye after he got the first bonk on the head with my prescribed baseball bat.

Later
Ansem

3-16-2008 6:34:06 PM
Dragon Master

Quote  #13

Mad Seriously, if doctors THINK that GAMING is an ILLNESS then what the fuck are they thinking????!!!!! If you want an ILLNESS then look no further than Alzhimers or Bloody Anorexia, you bloody fucking doctors! Spend all your extra cash on those diseases for a start! Because if gamings a disease, then the WHOLE fucking universe is evil and full of hellish Satanic sin for crying out loud! So stick your freaking cruious heads up someone elses ass for a start!

3-21-2008 9:31:27 AM
Cloud 777

Quote  #14

This thread was dead for a while, but yeah. Some people still believe that, even though there is no proof. Plenty of people play games such as Halo or Call of Duty, but do you see any of them actually wanting to grab a shotgun and go looking for 7 feet tall aliens?
I've played the original Grand Theft Auto's that were on the PS1/PSX from as young as 6 years old and I've never so much as shoplifted, let alone pull out an AK-47 and start shooting at the nearest police car.
Anyway, I digress. With no evidence to support this theory and people are stlill blindly agreeing with it, it shows just how sheep-like society when it agrees with anything that so-called 'Experts' say when they run out of money because they had the urge to buy a small company and want some more to cover up their blunder.

You Will Remember The Night You Were Struck By The Sight Of Ten Thousand Fists In The Air.

3-22-2008 11:51:25 AM
AndY

Quote  #15

must play guitar hero or will kill everything

Fuck all you gun toting hick gangster wannabe's

8-12-2008 1:45:57 AM
sweeneymaster33

Quote  #16

if games were ever to be banned i would rise even from the grave to bitch slap every dumbass who banned it then i would tie them all up, and force them to watch me game out, then put on infomercials, then ask them what they would rather watch, and gaming god as my witness if any of them even starts to utter anything about how evil gaming is, I will show them how evil by taking a controler, shove it down their throat, wrap the cord around their neck, then hang them with it!!!!!!!!!!!! *smiles* but until then ill just game on. ALL HAIL GAMER RELIGION! GAMER BIBLE COMING TO A BOOKSTORE NEAR YOU!!!!!

They said you were as pretty as a picture, I laughed and said, Yeah, lets hang it.

8-13-2008 12:11:24 PM
Cloud 777

Quote  #17

Yup, no games doesn't create violence. Just mass genocide.
Seriously, I'm a gamer. Not much of a completion idiot, just for the storylines. Seriously, violence in games is in context that is quite unlikely to appear in real life. When was the last time a demonic creature weilding a claymore intent on disemboweling you through your eyeballs walked down the street? (Yes, I have been playing Oblivion)
Where else can you chainsaw an alien thing in half? (Gears of war)
Personally, I think that games create an outlet for the violent urges in us. Hence the media's assumption all gamers are violent. Or I may be paying too much attention to the voices in my head.

8-13-2008 5:14:27 PM
Architect1

Location: Buried in comic book pages and trying to make the stack higher!
Quote  #18

Hmmmm, Any of the gamers who have turned around and Said that they did something they saw in a game have either had previous psychological problems or have been impressionable young children who are playing it in spite of the age limit.

In the first case it's hard to tell whether or not someone was seriously fucked in the head before they started the game let alone buy it, and it's inevitable that a nutcase is gonna blame a game for his psycosis eventually.

In the second case, the blame for kids doing things lies firmly with their parents. Most games these days have an age limit for playing and if a parent is letting their kids play then they either know their child can handle playing the game, or they just don't care what their children have been doing with their time. My parent's for instance practically drilled into me the differences between fiction and reality before they even let me touch a video game console for the first time. (Not that those lessons apply much these days.)

Tongue sticking out

You'll always know I'm there... but if the high pitched noise is getting louder it's time to RUN!

8-14-2008 12:57:59 PM
Cloud 777

Quote  #19

If their still doing things like this, I'll lead a personal vendetta with myself and a few friends against the person who incited this...
Jack Motherfucking Thompson...
Just remember, we have the greatest weapon on kuponut. No more games means no more final fantasy... No more Devil May Cry, No More Metal Gear...
Arc would be pissed...

8-14-2008 5:34:42 PM
Architect1

Location: Buried in comic book pages and trying to make the stack higher!
Quote  #20

DAMN RIGHT!!

If they so much as considered taking away my Bishi's I would string them up by their guts off the empire state building while I used their families for target practice with a working replica GUNDAM!!

You'll always know I'm there... but if the high pitched noise is getting louder it's time to RUN!

Page 1 of 2     1 2   Last »  
Showing Threads 1 to 20 of 22

Privacy Policy
Hits: 19290938