Facebook Fan Page
Current Date and Time:
11-24-2017, 5:56 PM

Blaze of an Hour
10-8-2007 2:57:55 PM
admin

Quote  #1

Blaze of an Hour

I drank the red, the yellow, and the orange flames of the blaze. I drank them all until all that was left was the single blue flame. The blue was much more quiet, smooth, and aware. The others engulfed all that they could, but the soft dancing blue was the life and soul.

The fire inside me became rage. The rage wanted to live, but could not leave me. The flame was now mine, and so was the blue. It sat, illuminating a world of blue light. My fury and rage could hear the dancing blue flickers, and it attempted escape. Blue split into two tiny flames, and the pair tangoed, and revived the death of the sunset. Now, it’s just me and little blue.

Blue was cold to the touch and grew over time. Her name was Elly. She sat atop my shoulder as we traveled back. After two nights of walking under a clear crystal starry sky, I found myself back to where I had first indulged the blaze. Had I walked in a circle? Elly is the truth and the light. I was unsure where I left, where I began.

A dream cloud appeared in the line of my sight. It reflected a past, attempting me to turn back. Confusion set in. The tree the blaze once inhabited stood reflecting in the cloud. The memories froze the cloud in place. The tree’s memories were strong. The cloud couldn’t move despite its frenzied effort. The trunk morphed into serpent scales. Its wooden arms became feathered wings. Its top became the head and gaping mouth that instantly swallowed the frozen cloud after it finalized its new form. Her fear became mine. Frantically, I ran, Elly clinging to my shoulder. She flew off into the lake, the demon snake hit her. The lake froze instantly. Her gift of an icy cold flame became the cause of her icy eternal frozen slumber. The frozen lake turned into an arena.

The snake eventually caught up to me, slithering after me all the while I ran across the iced over arena. I pulled my only weapon, a lent stone from my pocket. With a solid throw, I hurt only the serpent’s shadow. Panic allied with me. Instinct told me to join Elly. I quickly stomped in place to create an ice trap of cold water for the approaching demon. I failed without even cracking the surface. The serpent’s fangs pierced my left leg, my chest, and finally my head. The last thing I saw was Elly’s frozen expression staring at me from beneath the surface. She wept.

It was the final hour of my life.

Last edited by admin on 10-8-2007 3:00 PM

RE: Blaze of an Hour
10-12-2007 11:23:11 AM
Ansem the Defiler

Quote  #2

nice, i like it, what inspired this?

Later
Ansem

My talent's for lying. For sticking the knife in when people least expect it. Then walking away with a smile and a wave before they even realise they're bleeding.

10-12-2007 11:33:12 AM
admin

Quote  #3

wrote it a few years ago

inspiriation: what if i could tame the sunset? got my ideas flowing. the reason for the death at the end: to be able to possess such power always comes at a price

10-12-2007 11:46:58 AM
Ansem the Defiler

Quote  #4

nice, interesting concept Mog.

Later
Ansem

My talent's for lying. For sticking the knife in when people least expect it. Then walking away with a smile and a wave before they even realise they're bleeding.

10-27-2007 12:32:19 AM
admin

Quote  #5

I was playing around on deviantart, looking at stuff, found this really amazing artwork: it is absolutely the most perfect art that could ever go with my 'blaze' story

http://www.deviantart.com/print/352222/

10-30-2007 11:53:02 AM
Ansem the Defiler

Quote  #6

nice, does fit perfectly.

Later
Ansem

Page 1 of 1
Showing Threads 1 to 6 of 6

Privacy Policy
Hits: 19290938