Games
Facebook Fan Page
Current Date and Time:
11-21-2017, 5:55 AM

Really NOOB question about GameShark
2-6-2008 10:15:48 PM

Quote  #1

Hey everyone. I have a question about the PS1 GameShark.

I have the GameShark lite version and wanted to use it for the game Final Fantasy 7...I was trying to use the Sephiroth code, but it said something about turning the gameshark code on and off.

My Question is...How do you turn GameShark codes on and off in the middle of the game. I just can't figure it out but it's really important.

Any help is much appreciated.

RE: Really NOOB question about GameShark
2-6-2008 10:41:39 PM
Ansem the Defiler

Quote  #2

Well, if i remember correctly, you can only turn off the codes within the gameshark menu. Once you start up a game you can't disable that said code. The Gameshark, is a hacking device (a good one at that too, im guilty of using it on a few shooting games myself.) certain codes can disrupt the game due to them not being in the original coding of the game.

The Sephiroth cheat, will crash your game if you enter a group conversation with dialogue between your party members. Sephiroth doesn't have a in-party dialogue, since...well he's a bad guy, who is only in the Nibelhiem flashbacks, (even then he's computer controlled) so having him in your party will only hinder your progress, (just like adding Aeris back in through a hacking device, after she kicks the bucket.).

So really, you can't leave the cheat on if you hope to play through the game, so you'll most likely have to leave it off when you start the game shark back up.

Hope I was helpful.

Later
Ansem

My talent's for lying. For sticking the knife in when people least expect it. Then walking away with a smile and a wave before they even realise they're bleeding.

2-6-2008 11:09:47 PM

Quote  #3

That's what I thought. It's just that the code found here told me to keep the code off until after I've loaded my save game, THEN turn the code on, that's why I was confused. Thanks for your help.

http://www.cmgsccc.com/codes.php?do=view&id=1258&page=22

Edit: Fixed the link for you. Smile
Last edited by The Spirit of Aeris on 2-8-2008 11:18 AM

2-7-2008 12:16:19 PM
Ansem the Defiler

Quote  #4

No problem, glad i helped.

Later
Ansem

My talent's for lying. For sticking the knife in when people least expect it. Then walking away with a smile and a wave before they even realise they're bleeding.

2-7-2008 7:53:47 PM
The Spirit of Aeris

Quote  #5

Is the gameshark a memory card type thing? If so, does it have a switch somewhere on it? cause I'm thinking thats what it means.

If its a CD then I have no idea. Lol

Welcome to the forums! We hope you tell your friends about us! (^o^)

Safer Sephiroth

2-15-2008 9:36:03 PM
Quote  #6

Ansem the Defiler said:Well, if i remember correctly, you can only turn off the codes within the gameshark menu. Once you start up a game you can't disable that said code. The Gameshark, is a hacking device (a good one at that too, im guilty of using it on a few shooting games myself.) certain codes can disrupt the game due to them not being in the original coding of the game.

The Sephiroth cheat, will crash your game if you enter a group conversation with dialogue between your party members. Sephiroth doesn't have a in-party dialogue, since...well he's a bad guy, who is only in the Nibelhiem flashbacks, (even then he's computer controlled) so having him in your party will only hinder your progress, (just like adding Aeris back in through a hacking device, after she kicks the bucket.).

So really, you can't leave the cheat on if you hope to play through the game, so you'll most likely have to leave it off when you start the game shark back up.

Hope I was helpful.

Later
Ansem

i hate when people cheat on online games it pisses me off(especially socom online)

Its hard being hated and discriminated against

Page 1 of 1
Showing Threads 1 to 6 of 6

Privacy Policy
Hits: 19282493