Games
Facebook Fan Page
Current Date and Time:
11-23-2017, 8:59 AM

The US Presidential Election 2008
2-14-2008 11:07:24 PM
The Spirit of Aeris

Quote  #1

Been meaning to ask this for a while now. But who would you vote for if you could and who are you going to vote for if you can? Me? Obama all the way if I could. Big Smile

RE: The US Presidential Election 2008
2-15-2008 11:58:27 AM
Ansem the Defiler

Quote  #2

Well, i was going for Ron Paul, but he's not going to win, so for me its mai boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Obama.

Later
Ansem

My talent's for lying. For sticking the knife in when people least expect it. Then walking away with a smile and a wave before they even realise they're bleeding.

2-15-2008 12:51:47 PM
The Spirit of Aeris

Quote  #3

I was so hoping you'd say that! The man is awesome! Big Smile

He really seems like he could change things around and make the US much less hated by everyone else and improve things dramatically nationally too. He even has a catchphrase! Yes We Can! Big Smile
Last edited by The Spirit of Aeris on 2-16-2008 10:30 AM

2-15-2008 9:47:10 PM
Safer Sephiroth

Quote  #4

i want ronpaul but he wont make it so obama

Its hard being hated and discriminated against

2-16-2008 9:51:28 AM
Zarkcus

Quote  #5

Im hoping Obama gets it
especially since if Clinton gets it she will screw up the country beyond measure

2-16-2008 10:31:48 AM
The Spirit of Aeris

Quote  #6

Its weird though, Obama has like an almost cult following. Lol

2-17-2008 3:58:12 AM
Glenn

Quote  #7

yeah im voting Obama mos def in the fall and the spring primary

Free-will: God's First Mistake

2-17-2008 8:56:36 PM
admin

Quote  #8

I wish there was an additional way to vote:

The current way, vote for who you want to be president

but also, you could instead vote for the 1 person you DONT want to win...

hillary clinton is just, simply put, power hungry. we don't need someone in power that has that type of attitude.

to answer your question: i have been a strong support of mitt romney all the way up until recently since he dropped out of the race... right now I am undecided because it seems to me that McCain, Huckabee, and Obama could all do a good job. So long as 1 of those 3 win, i'll probably be very satisfied: the last 2 elections have been between which one is the least-worst to vote for? lesser of 2 evils... finally, for once, we at least got some people that are competent!

the world is going to end if hillary clinton wins and becomes president. we just had a shitty president for the last 8 years, we dont need another one.

speaking of which... bush seemed to only want to be president (based on his actions after becoming president) so he could get a long term paid vacation. he didn't do a damn thing until he had to (9/11), afterwhich yeah at least he started *trying* to do his job, one stupid decision after another... grr

sure would be exciting if McCain and Obama were both president and vice president, probably the best way to clean up all the shit the last few presidents have caused

2-19-2008 12:43:15 PM
Ansem the Defiler

Quote  #9

Yeah, if Hillary becomes president, i'll have to leave country, no offense, but Bush did a shit job, and so would she. Besides, i'd LOVE to leave country any minute now.

Later
Ansem

My talent's for lying. For sticking the knife in when people least expect it. Then walking away with a smile and a wave before they even realise they're bleeding.

3-2-2008 2:59:34 AM
Crazed Hamster

Quote  #10

I know I'm going to catch a lot of flak for sporting my opinion, and as for Ansem, you may as well leave the country due to my choice.

I'm going for Clinton. Sure, a lot of people are worried that Bill will try to use her as a puppet (could happen, I dunno) but we did have a pretty good run with Bill, did we not? Aside from the affair, things were running pretty smoothly. I think it'd do the same under Hiliary. Maybe we'll even get our sorry asses out of Iraq sooner.

If all the wee laddies were little white rabbits, I'd be the pink one that teaches bad habits!

3-2-2008 9:19:35 PM
Ansem the Defiler

Quote  #11

Either way, if Hillary does when, i at least hope Obama would be made vice president, i've been wanting to leave the states for the longest while, a little extra motivation wouldnt be too bad.

As for Iraq, the sooner we pull out, the better, doubt we can do anymore than we already have.

Later
Ansem

3-4-2008 12:50:30 AM
admin

Quote  #12

well, right now it looks like the race will almost definately be between McCain and Obama

interestingly enough, these were the exact 2 choices, 1 choice for Repub and Democrat, that all of the undecided and independant voters all claimed to be most likely to vote for

I would be very satisfied if either Obama or McCain won, they are both a hell of a lot smarter than our current president

I still don't understand how our current president got elected. oh, wait, i do... my favorite philosophy: 60% of all people are STUPID, 20% are just DAMNED STUPID, the rest (20%) are just stuck with them.

This likely explains why its so hard to expect a majority vote to actually be a reasonable vote: the minority is the smart people.

And, that could likely open up a whole new debate on how the USA schools are failing us

3-4-2008 12:35:52 PM
Ansem the Defiler

Quote  #13

Agreed, i witnessed first hand what it was like to be in the school left behind fuck our teachers gave us busy work which was basically just copying definitions out of a book, i had maybe 4 teachers that actually taught out of the whole of the school.

So when it came time for the ACT or anything like that, i was royally fucked because anything that was applied on the test was supposed to be applied in my school.

I graduated with a 3.3 GPA, half of the people i graduated be it the jackass gangbanging wannabes, pot-heads, or even the group of retards that never stayed in class, got a diploma.

Needless to say, i think the school systems are completely flawed nowadays.

Later
Ansem

3-8-2008 5:57:39 AM
admin

Quote  #14

the school systems in USA need a MAJOR overhaul.

i dont know how it got started, but over time the american way of thinking, as far as 'kids' are concerned is that school is stupid and education is a waste of time. its that line of thinking that inherently causes all the other internal social problems, for the most part anyway

you also have to look at it from a distant perspective as well. if all of the people running the country are rich assholes that basically bribed their way into office through taking large donations from corporations that have an agenda... stupid people that elect a stupid president... no wonder everything is so fucked up and needs fixed

america might have been the most badass country in the 1900s, but if things continue how theyve been going, i wouldnt be surprised if another country ends up being the most badass country of the 2000s.

its rather depressing to be saying this and actually live here. its a great country, but i cant help but feel like everything is going downhill and will have disasterous longterm problems

3-8-2008 5:40:20 PM
AndY

Quote  #15

i saw a t shirt on the internet that made me laugh it was a picture of obama and a picture of hilary and the caption was bros before Hoes Big Smile

Fuck all you gun toting hick gangster wannabe's

3-15-2008 8:30:24 PM
Crazed Hamster

Quote  #16

True... Myself and the short study hall teacher of awesomeness, (Ansem knows who I mean) have a theory, and even though it's not racist, I [i]did[/d] get sent to the office over it.

You know way back when the school systems all intregrated the white/black schools? Well, the majority of African Americans had learned mainly by campfires and the like because of the racist issues. Basically, they weren't anywhere near the education level of the white kids.

So what did our wise and all knowing leaders do? The lowered the education system down to their level. A bad move in my opinion. Might have been good at the time, but now our country is suffering for it in the long run.

Just my thoughts, and no, I'm not saying blacks are dumber than the other races, I'm saying that due to bad circumstances they didn't have as much a chance as other people.

If all the wee laddies were little white rabbits, I'd be the pink one that teaches bad habits!

3-16-2008 1:33:52 PM
AndY

Quote  #17

well there is a solution for that

lets all live like spartans...throw away the malformed ones...and since you cant tell intelligence when someone is born you have a ten year trial period of life before we decide whether or not to kill you...awesome

3-24-2008 9:11:56 AM
Crazed Hamster

Quote  #18

*holds up thumbs* A good idea all around!!

3-25-2008 3:17:09 PM
Cloud 777

Quote  #19

Maybe AndY, but according to law that's infanticide. Basically, just... no.

You Will Remember The Night You Were Struck By The Sight Of Ten Thousand Fists In The Air.

3-25-2008 5:27:37 PM
AndY

Quote  #20

awwwww fuckin shite

Page 1 of 2     1 2   Last »  
Showing Threads 1 to 20 of 32

Privacy Policy
Hits: 19287524