- There is the Singing Mountain dungeon, acccessible via game genie. The area
is a series of uncoded caves, some with lava flows in them. Mostly it is
caves but there was an outside area with some streams and such.
- This is the most changed era. The contineent is much larger that before.
There is an extra mountain northeast of Tyrano Lair. It's VERY big and is
probably the Singing Mountain place mentioned before. This might have
possibly been a place to get the Dreamstone, or maybe a sub quest. Who
- There is also a 3rd village located a bitt to the south-east of Tyrano
Lair, on the edge of the continent. There are 3 huts and an odd looking
forest. You can't enter any parts of the "lost" village.
- The map's music is different. It starts the same, but changes a lot about
midway through the track. It's still annoying though.
- Ayla is nowhere to be found, she is not in the demo at all.
- Tyrano Lair is apparently not coded yet. If you try to enter, it will play
the Unknown Battle music for a moment, then it will show the sequence when
you begin the game, with the seagulls, then it will freeze.
- On the ground, it plays the Zeal Kingdom's music and not the normal snow sound.
- Earthbound Village is abandoned, and the layout is very different. It is
all one large room and you start near where you go toward Mt. of Woe. The
path to where you get to Mt. of Woe is a bit longer.
- If you teleport to the Zeal Continent, you just instantly appear with no teleporting.
- Zeal itself has a few changes. First of all the usual inaccessible blue
pyramid is replaced with a small futuristic building.
- The bridge across the lake in Zeal is gone. There is a dock of sorts on the
left side but it is inaccessible. There is now a cave a bit north of the
teleporter. From there you can teleport up to a path to another cave. At this
cave if you walk northwest, you will end up at the other side of the lake. If
you walk northeast, you end up at Zeal Palace.
- The Black Bird is inaccessible.
- Kajar is empty as well.
- Enhasa is pretty empty, but there are actually are a few people in it. One
near the entrance and 2 or 3 a little north. The man at the entrance mentions the release date of CT, and
something about Frog, Lucca, Marle and Crono. It's something like
"Play as Frog ! Will he help Crono and Lucca save Marle?".
- Zeal Palace is pretty empty as well. But there actually are a few people
here as well. There is a man right near the entrance and Masa and Mune are
right by him. Don't know what they say though.
- Several statues are different. They are semi-nude looking and rather odd.
- Walk through walls in Schala's room and go through the bookcase. You will
end up in a very strange area. The area is grey with several statues and
staircases. The place is not coded so you can walk all over. To the north
there is a door that leads to Zeal's throne room. Also, a remixed Ocean
Palace music is playing in the area.
- Ocean Palace is inaccessible.
- The Mountain of Woe can be accessed via game genie. The area however is not
coded very well yet and is missing enemies. You can't get to where you fight Giga Gaia.
- Only Truce, Guardia Castle, and Porre have any people in it. All the other
towns are completely abandoned.
- A few of the NPCs are different or missing. A few are unique or moved.
- The Lost Woods is inaccessible, if you try to enter, it will reset the game.
- If you play the organ in the cathedral, it will take you to the "Coming
Soon" credits. If you use Walk Through Walls to go through the hidden
entrance, the game resets.
- You can't enter the place where you get the Rainbow Shell.
- The Northern Ruins are completely different. The layout is very different.
You start coming down stairs on the right side of a hall. There are no
enemies, but there is treasure. Farther on there is a room with
three doors, the ones on opposite side have ladders. One ladder leads to a
room with stairs and large torches, leading to two treasure boxes. The other ladder leads to a room with a large throne in it, the same
type that is in Guardia Castle.
- You are not allowed to leave Magic Cave once you enter.
- Magus' Castle is accessible, but you are only able to fight Slash and Flea
and the battles in-between. Once the teleporter in the center hall appears, it takes you to the "coming soon" credits.
- The Music when you first get to Magus' castle is different. Instead of
playing the regular music when it shows Magus' Castle, it plays the music in
the background of the actual castle.
- Ozzie's Fort is deserted; there is none of Magus' equipment in it either.
The hidden room is not there.
- You are able to walk through the forest near Ozzie's fort and get to the
Blue Pyramid, but you can't enter.
- Slash had a different sword when you fought him; he also had a hell of a
lotta HP. I cast Luminare on him at least 12 times and he didn't die.
- This area is very similar to the Middle Ages, there are only people in
Truce, Porre, Guardia Castle, and Leene Square, the other areas are devoid of
- A lot of the NPCs seem to have different color or are completely
different/missing. Some of them are unique to the pre-release. Some are also
- Zenan Bridge is destroyed in the present. Apparently, destroyed by the
Chorus Army. Too bad Chorus is empty though.
- There is a barricade of Blue Imps in fronnt of the exit of Guardia Forest.
You're not supposed to go to the castle or exit it.
- The cave peninsula by the cave where you fight the Heckran is different,
more like the 600 version of it. The entire area where Melchior's Hut once
stood is now underwater.
- Melchior's house is in Medina village, not by Heckran's cave.
- Not much else that I can think of, I was able to get Poyozo Dolls and
Clones, as well as cats through some hacking. Only for Crono, Marle, Lucca,
and Robo, since Cursed Forest can't be entered, Magus and Ayla are not in the
demo, so they can't get one either.
- The forest ruins can be entered. If you walk into the
center of it you enter a hidden dungeon with a lot of treasure chests filled
with 200G. Remember in the Dark Ages the pyramid sprite was a different
structure. I guess originally it was gonna be a dungeon. There was even a
place for a boss at the end.
- You can teleport there with the Epoch, butt Lavos is nowhere to be found.
You can land and walk around, but only the first quadrant of the map is
coded, the rest is just open space.
- With a Game Genie code my friend was able to fight Lavos. He said it was
rather easy and when you beat it you got a lot of experience and then the
- Quite a few differences here, first of all there is a freaky growling sound
every so often on the world map instead of the lightning sound. It might be a
glitch, but it sounds VERY weird. Odds are it's just the rom though. Also the
flash of lightning is a different color.
- None of the Domes have any inhabitants. Guess all the humans are dead or
- Only both of the Labs/Ruin has any enemies, the sewers and domes have no
- There is a barricade of robots barricading the western exit of Lab 32. There in the way 'cuz you're not supposed to pass
that point in the game.
- The doors that are "sealed with a mysterious energy" have a completely
different design and color. There is also a different tune when you click it.
- The Keeper's Dome has completely different music. I'm a bit partial to the
final version music, but the pre-release one is real nice too.
- Robo's brothers, the R-Series, are pinkish-purple rather than blue. Someone
told me it was the same in the Japanese version, but I skipped that area when
I played Japanese CT, so I don't know.
- Death Peak can be entered, but you're not going anywhere. The trees that
you're supposed to hide behind to stay out of the wind are there, but you
still get blown away.
- You can't enter the place where you battle Son of Sun.
- Genocide Dome can be entered, but you can't go any farther than the first
room. The door is locked and WTW code won't work. Even if you bring Robo, he
won't open the way. Actually, I have been able to get into the conveyor room
with a game genie code, but the place is not coded yet.
- This is one of the more mysterious things I have found. In the south-
western part of the map, there is an island with a coliseum on it. The
coliseum cannot be entered, but it looks rather cool. I have no idea what it
could have been used for, but it does bear a slight resemblance to
Chronopolis in Chrono Cross, not really, but it could be.
- Robo has Frog's Theme; I guess his wasn't programmed yet.
End of Time:
-End of Time is empty. No Spekkio, old man, or portals.
-The End of Time also has slightly altered music.
- Frog's Frog Squash tech. doesn't bounce all over, it just lands on the
enemies and falls away.
- Some of the enemies have different pallets than normal.
- In the intro, the music is a bit off. It ends at right before the Epoch
goes through time, around 4-5 seconds till the end of the intro.
- I once got to a large open field. Nothing was in it and there was
nowhere to go. Once however, the game glitched and I went to Genocide Dome
conveyor belt. The game apparently thought it was Death Peak and blew me out.
I ended up stranded in front of Death Peak.
Yasunori Mitsuda - Battle 1 Remix: This is a jungle like remix of the main
battle them. I'm assuming this would have been used in battles during
650000000 B.C. I don't believe this was used in the demo, but I'm not sure.
Yasunori Mitsuda - Keeper's Dome: Like the name says, this is the music that
was used in the Keeper's Dome in the demo. This track was replaced with
"Sealed Door" in the final version.
Yasunori Mitsuda - Unknown Battle: This was replaced by Boss Battle 2 I
believe. It is a heavy remix of Boss Battle 2. I personally like the final
version music better. On a bit of a side note, this music apparently plays at
Tyrano Lair. The game let me play a few parts of the place, and this music
Yasunori Mitsuda - Untitled: This is sort of the type of music that would be
played at a church, or a very emotional scene. It might be the originally
planned music for the Cathedral place, but I doubt it since the original
"Manoria Cathedral" music is played in the demo. I dunno where it could
have been used.
Yasunori Mitsuda - Battle 1: This is the battle music in the demo. It is
slightly altered and has a different beat to it.
Nobuo Uematsu - Mystery of the Past: This is the sound that plays when you
try to open a sealed door. It is pretty much the same, except it has an
extra note at the end.
Yasunori Mitsuda - Rhythm of Wind, Sky and Earth: Prehistoric maps music, but
rather different. It is pretty much the same until about 25 seconds in where
it changes quite a bit. The whole thing also has a different beat to it.
Yasunori Mitsuda - Zeal Palace: This music is almost exactly the same, until
about 1 minute into it. At that point it changes quite a bit from the final
version. This music is played in the mysterious part of Zeal Palace if you
use the WTWs code through Schala's Room's bookcase.
Yasunori Mitsuda - Lose: Dum Dum Dah Dah Dah Dah Bum Bum. This is probably
the music that would be used if you lose a minigame early in development.
Wonder what kinda game it would have been.
Yasunori Mitsuda - Singing Mountain: This is a nice track that is in the OSV,
but never used in thefinal game. It is however used in a dungeon in 650000000
BC. The dungeon can be viewed, it is a hella big, brown mountain, that bares
resemblance to a turd.
Yasunori Mitsuda - The Brink of Time: The End of Time's music, it had a
slightly different beat to it.