Mask of the Betrayer features all of the races from Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as introducing the wild elf, half-drow, and genasi.
There are four Genasi races representing the four elements, air, earth, fire, and water. "...basically humans with a touch of the elements." All the genasi have the following racial traits:
- Darkvision up to 60 feet.
- Resistance 5 to their particular element (electricity for air, ice for water, fire for fire, acid for earth)
- Favored class: Fighter
In addition the particular elements have special abilities as follows:
- Air: +2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Wis, -2 Cha, Level Adjustment +1 (summons gale)
- Earth: +2 Str, +2 Con, -2 Wis, -2 Cha, Level Adjustment +1(damage reduction ability)
- Fire: +2 Int, -2 Cha, Level Adjustment +1 (area of effect fire damage ability)
- Water: +2 Con, -2 Cha, Level Adjustment +1 (can summon a mist)
In Mask of the Betrayer, the half-drow has been added as a playable race. There is no game information yet, but the official Wizards of the Coast half-drow acts as a normal half-elf with darkvision instead of low-light vision.
Elf: Wild Elf
The wild elf has all of the standard elf features, except as noted:
- +2 Dex, -2 Int; these adjustments replace the moon elf’s ability score adjustments.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer; this trait replaces the moon elf’s favored class.